Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I am wearing a sea-foam green sparkly/lacy dress for prom. What makeup should i use, especially for my eyes?

i want to emphasize my eyes. i'm asian (black hair and all) but have somewhat bigger eyes then you might expect. also my face structure is somewhat round (think Mulan with bigger eyes). i'm clueless about makeup. prom is coming up soon so please help. THANKS!I am wearing a sea-foam green sparkly/lacy dress for prom. What makeup should i use, especially for my eyes?
A silvery-ish glittery eyeshadow or a nice light minty green glittery eyeshadow would work fine. You can also use a gold glittery eyeshadow if you are wearing gold jewelry. Add a little bit of eyeliner, but no mascara, unless your eyelashes are long. you might want to curl them. Put on a dusty rose blush and clear or dark pink lip gloss and you're good to go.I am wearing a sea-foam green sparkly/lacy dress for prom. What makeup should i use, especially for my eyes?
ok well use light green eye makeup. and use sparlkes on top of the green. you can buy sparkles at a walgreens. put alittle lotion on ad rub it over the green eye make up. then use some concelier thats light if you have any blemishes.


then use some light pink lipstick, you can get these things from lancome. have an awesome time!
Do not use the same color as your dress as the base color, thats for sure.





My recommendation? Get it professionally done.





Its prom!! I got mine done at MAC for 50$ minimum purchase (usually you buy the stuff they put on you, like the lip glass and the pressed powder). If you can bring a snip of the dress or something in that color to show the make up artist what colors she needs to use.





If everything is booked or you dont have the extra cash. I'd do a nice light base, but not stark white, with a sea-foamy green crease and a similar shimmery lid. Do a bold black eyeliner and lots of mascara. Go crazy and wear fake eyelashes if you want, ITS PROM!
same shade eye shadow as ur dress and mascara and stuff
woooo thats Such a Nic Colour !!!!


well id use that colour for around you eyes like a green with a shimmer or base of blue !!


Even with a light mitalicy colour in it !!!!


do ur nails to match


With natural colour on your lips !! ull look stunning
Honestly, I wouldn't wear too much eyeshadow. I'm asian too and I don't really wear eyeshadow. What I do like to do is curl my eyelashes....wear fake ones if you'd like, and use black mascara on the top only. I usually wear dark brown eyeliner on my top lids and bottom...but at the bottom I only use it lightly. I don't really like to see asians with alot of eyeshadow on...it's just too much make up. Why color up your beautiful eyes? Put on some blush (like a bronze color) and play up your lips instead. Here's a link to a pic of me...I'm in the middle...http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s46/m鈥?/a>
Silver makeup will match yours fine
if your not totally sure what to do.





go to a mac counter and have them pick out the colors that would look best with ur dress.
what the person above me said! well, part of it. the not matching your dress part, that can be done, just not always.





my friend wore a light green dress for prom, and her makeup was green as well. she looked AMAZING!!!! her eye makeup, it was like a metallic-minty-silver green. the ends of the eye had the most green while the inner part of the eye had a silver-white-metallic color. sure it didn't look like EVERY DAY makeup, but it was PROM! GO ALL OUT!!!! don't go all out with like foundation or powder, that can be kept to a minimum, but with eyes, GO FOR IT! i'd say to get it professionally done.





look go to this website





http://www.temptalia.com/tutorial-emeral鈥?/a>





i wouldnt say to get something like THAT done, cause that looks TOO green. the only reason why i posted that is so you can see what a metallic effect looks like. also, it's MAC makeup and the girl above me suggested to get it done at MAC. i agree with her 100%. i think there are other tutorials in that website and they are very detailed so if you're tight on cash you can try and do it yourself!





i figured out why that one wasnt exactly what i was trying to explain to you. see, the beginning it says soft gold. NO! soft silver! thats what my friend had! silver and green. GO FOR IT!!! good luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
windows web hosting