Thursday, June 24, 2010

Date makeup...smokey eyes or not?

So this guy I've liked forever and I are going on a date soon. Normally I would have no problem choosing an outfit and makeup but I kinda wanted to try something new...smokey eyes. I haven't seen him in 6 months so I really want to make an impression, but I don't wanna look like I'm trying to hard. I'm perfecting my technique so I don't end up looking like I have a shiner, but since I don't usually wear gobs of makeup just eyeliner, shadow, blush, lip gloss and foundation when I go out should I try the smokey eyes or not? We're going to a rock concert so I wouldn't feel that out of place with dramatic eyes, but I'm sorta questioning whether or not I should go for it.Date makeup...smokey eyes or not?
dont over do your makeup. research and surveys prove that guys find it more attractive when a girl looks natural :)


if your going for the smokey eyes effect then spray your eye make up with hairspray slightly, from a good distance as this will help to keep it on


keep in mind that you mayyy sweat depending on the intensity of the concert and this can ruin make up.





heres a good video for smokey eyes :)





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkl3YiswJrEDate makeup...smokey eyes or not?
I've always thought smokey-eyes looks gorgeous on blue eyes!! You can do that, just keep the rest of your makeup simple. Guys don't like it when a girl looks like she is wearing too much. For example, you can do the dramatic eye makeup but then don't put on like, red lipstick. Just keep the rest of your face simple so your eyes stand out. It'll look pretty on you I bet


lol. OK. I'm @ school so i'm not even supposed to be on Y!A.
yeah go for it! if you were going anywhere else other than a rock concert i would say it's too much but that's perfect for a concert. If you feel like it's too much you can always do a smokey eyes with lighter colors i sometimes do that with like browns or purple and it looks really nice but you don't get the black eye look. Have fun!
Yes, you should. But if u don't wanna look like ure trying too hard ( and u don't ) just don't make it TOO MUCH dramatic! You know what i mean, right?? So, don't go overboard with the black, and you'll be ok :)





Oh and i'm holding fingers crossed for ya !
guys dont really like when you wear too much much make up cuz it makes you look like your trying to hard, but you can still put the smokey eyes but not to much
I say go for it as long as you aren't dressed too casually. The smoky eyes fit the rock concert thing so it wont seem like you are trying too hard. Have fun! : )
Go for it! But be careful. Not to much. Sometimes people can over do it and it makes them look like a beaten up heroin addict. Good luck!
GO FOR IT?!!


he hasnt seen you in 6 months.. and your going to a concert..


show him to your wild side (PURRR) but keep it real, and don't 'put out or get out' because thats gay


havee fun!:D
do what you want


if he likes you it shouldn't matter what you have on your face.
Smokey for sure
Do it!
go for it i think he will like it
since its ur first date i would suggest sticking to what u know works for you and what ur already comfortable with
For suree.
nah.
smokey u know
With the smokey eye look you need to be careful. It kind of depends on the size of your eyes and also your complexion. If you have large eyes, you can probably pull off the more dramatic smokey look, but if your eyes are smaller try not to use too much makeup or else it will make your eyes appear even smaller. If you are more fair complected use lighter/softer colors such as light blues, grays, and soft pinks. You can still do the smokey eye effect, but these colors will compliment the shade of your skin and the color of your eyes. You can also try to use different color shades depending on your outfit. I like to use a lime green and a dusty blue when I do the smokey eye look (I have olive skin and medium-large eyes). Don't go way overboard, but you should be pretty safe. The smokey eye look is very attractive, because it draws attention to your eyes and also allows your eyes to some what ';pop'; or stand out. You'll be fine, just keep practicing and experiment with different shades. Have a friend or sister help you decide which looks best of take pictures of each one and compare them to see which you like better.





Sorry this was a long answer, but yes go with the smokey eye look, and perfect your own style of it. Good luck girl!
Being that it is a rock concert you could pull it off for sure. I wouldn't suggest doing that if you go on a 2nd date to a nice restaurant or anything. If you go to Youtube you can see videos on how to do a smokey eye.


Here are some examples-


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkl3YiswJ鈥?/a>


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqawCx99m鈥?/a>


http://beauty.about.com/od/allaboutyoure鈥?/a>





If you don't want to be as dramatic with black you can do a different color ';smokey eye'; like purple.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmFEeI1p9鈥?/a>





If you do a dark eyeshadow don't do much more makeup than that. Maybe just some lipgloss and be done with it. I wouldn't load up on the lipstick or blush if your eye makeup is dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
windows web hosting